So it’s nearly that time of year again, when we get to appreciate the favourite men in our lives. If you’re looking for fathers day gift ideas which are a little different and support local business then read on for my suggestions.
The gift of a visit to a local brewery
We are spoilt for choice with a fantastic range of local breweries, including:
- Mad Squirrel – who have the bar on the High Street – https://www.madsquirrel.uk
- Tring Brewery – located between Tring and Berkhamsted – https://www.tringbrewery.co.uk/tours/
- Haresfoot – who have now moved from Berkhamsted to Chesham – https://haresfoot.com/our-story
Or for something slightly different, we also have Puddingstone gin distillery who run a variety of events https://puddingstonedistillery.com/events/.
The gift of the outdoors
The Ashridge Estate is free to visit, but have you considered buying National Trust membership? Buying it locally means your membership fee is spent protecting and improving our local area. https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/ashridge-estate.
The gift of photography
Does the man in your life own a camera? Do they want to learn how to use it to take better photos? Little Duckling Photography courses run evening and weekend photography courses for beginners in Berkhamsted. Find out more https://littleduckling.co.uk. Gift vouchers are available.
The gift of home
There are so many gorgeous shops selling unique and gorgeous gifts for the home locally. Our favourites include:
- White Mint – an ever changing collection of funky items, and owners who promise a happy dance when you buy something – https://www.facebook.com/whitemintuk/
- Home and Colonial – https://www.homeandcolonial.co.uk (and who are we to complain if we get to go for coffee and cake at BlacK Goo while we’re there – http://www.blackgoocoffee.co.uk)
- Number 20 – and even better buying here supports the Hospice of St Francis – https://www.stfrancis.org.uk/shop-with-us/number-twenty
The gift of a photoshoot
Do you have family photos displayed on your wall? Maybe now is the time. Fathers day photoshoots are available. Photoshoots cost £69 for a 30 minute mini shoot, and £139 for a 1 – 2 hour full shoot. Please get in touch for details.
Whatever you decide to do to celebrate fathers day, remember the most important thing is to spend time with those we love.
Do you know of other businesses that we should be featuring in our fathers day gift ideas? Places that are local and offer great products? Get in touch and let us know.